TOP THREE SUPPLEMENTS FOR RECOVERY

TOP THREE SUPPLEMENTS FOR RECOVERY

There are various muscle recovery supplements to choose from. Supplements have a lot of benefits. It helps your recovery and performance. It also helps you achieve your nutrition goals. But it is difficult to know which ones are legit. This is because the Food and Drug Administration does not regulate supplements. There is no third party who tests for its safety and effectiveness. You need to do some research to know which brands and ingredients are best for you. To help you with that, here are three of the best ingredients for recovery.

Creatine

Creatine monohydrate is more known as creatine. It is popular as a single-ingredient powder. As well as an ingredient in pre-workout and post-workout formulas. It is the number one supplement when it comes to improving performance in the gym. It increases muscle mass and strength. It also provides many health benefits. This includes protection against neurological diseases. Creatine also changes several cellular processes. This leads to increased mass, strength, and recovery.

Creatine is in muscle cells. It helps your muscles produce energy. Meat intake and exercise affect your body’s creatine stores. Hormone levels like testosterone and IGF-1 also influence it. As well as the amount of muscle mass. Creatine shares may similarities with amino acids. Your body produces creatine from amino acids glycine and arginine.

The muscles store 95% of your body’s creatine. This is in the form of phosphocreatine. Your brain, kidneys, and liver store the other 5%.

Creatine allows you to do more total work or volume in a single training session. It also increases satellite cell signaling. This helps muscle repair and new muscle growth. It increases cell hydration that plays a role in muscle growth. It reduces protein breakdown. Creatine lowers myostatin levels, too. This means increased growth potential.

L-Glutamine

L-glutamine is a non-essential amino acid and is often called glutamine. A person usually produces enough L-glutamine for their body’s needs. Lack of enough L-glutamine leads to a deficiency. It also supports intestinal health. The tissues in the intestine use this as a fuel source to function well. It also helps maintain proper barriers within the intestine.

muscles produce energy

L-glutamine boosts immune cell activity in the gut. This helps in preventing infection and inflammation. It also soothes the intestinal tissue. L-glutamine helps in energy production so it supports the reduction of intestinal spasms. It also helps prevent unwanted toxins from entering the digestive system.

L-glutamine is usually found in certain foods. Chicken, fish, and tofu are good sources of L-glutamine. It is also found in vegetables such as cabbage, spinach, beans, and peas. Make sure to have enough L-glutamine. Overconsumption of L-glutamine supplements may result in adverse side effects. Some people experience allergic reactions to L-glutamine. Seek immediate medical attention if this happens.

Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)

There are 20 different amino acids that comprise the thousands of proteins in the human body. 9 of the 20 are essential amino acids. Your body cannot make these amino acids. You can get these through your diet.  3 of the 9 essential amino acids are the branched-chain amino acids or BCAAs. BCAAs are leucine, isoleucine, and valine. You can find BCAAs in protein-rich foods. These include eggs, meat, and dairy products.

BCAAs are popular for increasing muscle growth. The BCAA leucine opens a pathway in the body. It stimulates the process of muscle-making. This is muscle protein synthesis. Supplementing with BCAAs decreases soreness. It reduces damage in exercised muscles. These are useful in decreasing fatigue due to exercise. But it does not improve exercise performance. It also prevents the breakdown of protein. BCAAs improve the health outcomes of those with liver disease. It is also a protection against liver cancer.

BCAAs are common in protein-rich foods. These include beef, chicken, salmon, and tuna. As well as eggs, Parmesan cheese, and Greek yogurt.

One of the biggest problems of poor supplements come from underdosing. Make sure you get enough amino acids that your body needs. A healthy lifestyle and proper diet are better than any muscle recovery supplement.

Comments are closed.